Saturday, November 04, 2006

Suddenly Susan - Part 3
A guttural growl could be heard slamming against the padding of the headphones.

"All this time I can't believe
I couldn't see.
Kept in the dark but you were there
in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought,
Without a voice, without a soul!
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life...
Wake me up! Wake me up inside....
Wake me up inside! Save me!"

"I just love when Paul does that bridge angry rap thing, don't you?" Merth tried to sell RJ with an amazingly charmed grin. But RJ doesn't buy it.

"Personally, I think John does it better on the 'Anywhere But Home' live CD. It doesn't matter though. You just blew it."

Merth lept from the shelf and slammed to the floor. Then he flexed his membranous wings in pride and anger as he moved towards RJ. "What are you talking about? You keep saying that! Look at her! She's mine now and nothing can change that."

RJ slowly shook his head. "And I'll say it again because this is training and repetition sometimes makes the point. You - just - BLEW IT!!!!" RJ and Merth were face to face, only inches apart. Their foul smelling breath challenged each others space and filled the air with smoke. Slowly, RJ raised his hand and for a moment, Merth was sure that he was about to experience unfathomable pain. Instead, however, the taloned hand simply pointed in Susan's direction as he calmly and evenly said, "Look."

The sound of slow sobbing was almost to subtle to be heard. But for Merth, it rang like an ominous thunderous warning of things to come. And suddenly he knew. But it was too late.

There was no more dancing. No more singing. No more me and Amy Lee. The grown up teenager came face to face with the lost child as time and space ripped apart. The whirlwind of emotions spun her heart 180 degrees, leaving her staring into her own soul, the one she thought she lost. She cried. It caught her off guard. She cried.. "wake me up inside..." She cried... "save me..." she cried... and cried. The ipod fell to the floor, the hands trembled and she fell.

Merth almost tried to catch her, but RJ stopped him. "You idiot! Your touch is cold. It will only make her more aware not less. Don't touch her." Merth stared helplessly. "I know you want to interfere now, but if you do, it will bring a horde of heavenly host into the room to protect her free will." Nervously, both demons glanced at the window.

"So what do I do?"

"Watch. Wait... we can still win this."

No comments: